Re: aa version of the canvas problem

>  the followin code does not work. In theory, you should be able to create
>  a new window with menu "Fichier/Nouveau" and then each mouse click in
>  the window should display a ellipse item. This works well with non aa
>  canvas, but not with aa. new items show only when, for example, I resize
>  the window, or I if i hide then show it. See following code.
[code snip]

Sigh.  The AA canvas is mostly broken.  The normal canvas is, too, in
that it is not queueing updates at the right time, but you don't
notice, since it manages to repaint itself correctly.

We should have tested the AA/libart changes more before integrating
them into the main source tree.

I will be fixing these bugs as I go.  I'm sorry that you have to deal
with this.

A few things in your code:

	- You are not calling gdk_rgb_init().  You should do that.

	- You are not setting the scrolling region of the canvas.  You
          should call gnome_canvas_set_scroll_region().

  Federico