Re: Task Bar?

"Richard" <richard_vaughan@timewarp.co.uk> writes:

| I'm slowly making the transition from Windows over to Linux and Gnome. One
| of the things that I feel is missing is a task bar similar to the one in
| Win9x.

Are you really sure you want a taskbar? :-)

| Is there one currently available and I've been too stupid to see it, or are
| there any plans for one?

You can do this:

put the Desktop Pager Applet in your panel and go to
the preference and change the appearance to your liking. I recommend
turning on Tasklist always maximum size at least.

If you choose create new panel you can use this for only the gnome
pager with the taskbar items. Then you get a taskbar.

Experiment and please also read this documentation:

http://www.gnome.org/users-guide/index.html

you won't regret spending some time on it...

--
Preben Randhol             oO     "Don't think about domination,  think
[randhol@pvv.org]        .`  ;     about freedom, it doesn't dominate."