Re: Gnomebook computers.. ;-)

> OK.. seriously.. is there anyone out there using gnome with a
> notebook where you are sometimes on the net.. and sometimes (often?)
> offline? I've having serious problems with my notebook when it's off
> the net gnome hangs for long periods of time, especially at logon and
> logoff. When I connect to the network, everything is fine. Is there
> any way to configure it so that when I'm off line I don't even
> run the session management stuff? Can gnome still work without
> it?

  I've just installed RH6.0 with GNOME on the laptop and it works
without problems. What is the name of your computer when it is
offline? It should be "localhost" or something that is an alias of the
localhost.  Symptoms from your description are simular to what happens
on networked (static IP) computers when they go offline.

 Sergey