Re: Alternative ORBs

>  Currently ORBit is the ORB that is installed with Gnome. In general
>  are programs written for Gnome ORB independent, or do they depend on
>  ORBit. Basically would it be a problem if I decided to use another
>  ORB in its place, such a Mico?

Besides what Elliot already said (about C bindings, POA support, 2.2
compliance, etc, etc):

Programs that we write for GNOME use ORBit, as this is our ORB.  But
you can get any other ORB in the world for your own programs.

Just dont expect us to use your ORB for our code :-)

Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org