Suggestion - 'AIX WebSM' equivalent for Gnome

Hi,

 I don't know if there are other like me, but I feel that the
 control-panel program that comes with Redhat 6.0 sucks ( I am
 not talking about the Gnome control panel ). Part of the reason
 for this opinion is that the tree is a nightmare to navigate and
 it is easy to loose where you are.

 AIX 4.3.x, from IBM, comes with a program called WSM. IMHO, this
 is a great system adminstration tool, with a well designed
 interface. If anyone has used it, do you think that creating a
 Linux equivalent would be a good idea? If you have never used it,
 the there is a quick introduction at IBM:

   http://www.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/wsm/

 From what I can tell it is written in Java and it actually makes
 use of scripts to do most of its work.

 AJ