Re: Upgrading with gnorpm

The latest release of gnorpm (version 0.9) has these sort of features.
Just use your favourite mirroring tool to keep a directory on one of your
server machines in sync with either Dax's or the gnome.org RPM updates,
then drag this directory from GMC onto the gnorpm window, and it will
display all those RPMs in a new install window.

Then choose "Only newer packages" from the filter menu, followed by
clicking on the select all button, and then click on upgrade.
Alternativelyyou could use the command line rpm program.  I think it has
a freshen option or something like that.

There is no support for pointing the install window at an FTP site (like
you can with grpm) at the moment, but it is on the todo list.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/