Re: Gnome & WindowMaker - may try it again

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Paul Barnfather wrote:

> I have written up a guide for using WindowMaker with GNOME at
> http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk/computer/gnome/windowmaker.html

I've gone through and done exactly what is detailed here.  I'm using
RedHat Linux 5.1.  I've compiled most of the stuff myself (careful to
include  the required flags). I just this weekend updated to
gnome-core-1.0.9, and gnome-libs-1.0.12.  Gnome-core I compiled
--with-windowmanager=wmaker flag.  If I include exec gnome-session in my
.xinitrc it without fail starts enlightenment.  Once enlightenment starts
it opens window after window after window after window.  Mostly xterms,
with a couple of netscape sessions.

For the record my ~/.gnome/session file is filled with stuff, and I'm
wondering if this is where its launching all of these xterms from.

However, no panel is launched.  Nothing to really indicate it's a
gnome-session at all in my mind.  It just looks like enlightenment, and I
don't want that, please...

echo $WINDOW_MANAGER returns wmaker.

Previously I started WindowMaker via .xinitrc exec wmaker, and have just
been starting the panel via commandline, which wmaker was then restarting
via session management.

This is really frustrating and I'm hoping someone can help.  From my
perspective, I've done everything that needs to be done, and it just
doesn't work.   I'm not a newbie and that makes it additionaly
frustrating.

I'd really really really appreciate any help...
Thanks again,
Brian Seppanen
seppanen@bresnanlink.net