blah

Subject: Re: db2html
From: mawarkus@t-online.de (Matthias Warkus)

+++ Sun, Jul 25, 1999 at 08:39:57PM +0100 +++
Norman Stevens e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.

> On 8 Jul 1999, David C. Mason wrote:
>
> > ebi7 <ebi7@ozob.net> writes:
> >
> > > A lot of CVS compiles look for db2html. Does anyone know where I can get
> > > this?
> >

> > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools/
> >

> After having downloaded various packages from various
> sites mentioned here and in other places I still don't
> have a working version of db2html.
>
> None of the packages have clear instructions or installation
> procedure. The ones from cygnus seem to be the worst; they
> require additional packages and the url's given in the
> documentation often refer to non-existant sites.
>
> Would it not be much simpler if the html files were
> put into the tarballs along with the sgml source files.
> That way people would not need to bother with a complex
> document formatting system which they otherwise would
> not need.

Maybe someone should simply make a working db2html package which
contains everything needed for the thing to work, neatly configured
and tweaked as to render the Gnome documentation correctly (so the
Makefiles can pick it up).

Most Gnome developers probably have got a db2html system that
functions properly. If one of you made an RPM of it, I at least would
be thankful. My current SGML setup is a kluge, and still it doesn't do
everything correctly.

mawa
--
Sometimes Usenet makes me feel like a crossbreed of Don Giovanni and
the Sorcerer's Apprentice; while around me something I created is