swallowed app problems

I've just added a couple of swallowed apps to my panel that didn't quite
work as planned.  Basically they are blank squares.  How can I get rid of
them?  Any sorts of clicks in and around them result in no options at all.

How can I make them work properly?  I tried entering the title as given by
xwininfo, but that didn't swallow it.  The topline output is below of the
app I tried to swallow with no success.  Any hints?

xwininfo: Window id: 0x2800006 "asmem"

Nathan Clegg
 nathan@islanddata.com