Re: please help cant start gnome anymore!

On 24 Jul 1999 01:57:10 -0400, Markus Teich <project@sadnet.de> wrote:
>cant anyone help on this error..
>my gnome wont start anymore!

"anymore" indicates to me that you had it running previously. What had you
changed when it started breaking?

>** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 606 (real_goad_server_activate):
>assertion failed: (name_service != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
>aborting...
>
>than it crashes..how can i solve this error??

We basically just need more information on the situation. I don't get this
error (probably because I wrote that code :), and while I've seen other
reports of this problem, none of them were with the latest gnome-libs.
-- Elliot