Re: introduction / first question

On 24 Jul 1999 07:53:34 -0400, Sarel J. Botha <sjb@dundee.lia.net> wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 11:27:23PM +0200, HARDY.BOEHM@LHSYSTEMS.COM wrote:
>> Howdy!
>>
>> I just joined this list yesterday.
>> My name is Hardy.
>>
>> Now for my first Problem:
>>
>> I downloaded the newest Release of the SuSE RPMs
>> from www.gnome.org yesterday and the newest releases
>> of enlightenment. BUT:
>> gnome keeps telling me that my window manager is not
>> gnome compliant... which is not true AFAIK...
>
>Make sure enlightenment runs before gnome-session in your .xinitrc file in
>your home dir.

gnome-session is supposed to run your window manager - you shouldn't need
to run it separately.

Hardy, we need more information on the situation in order to help. How are
you starting GNOME, what does your screen look like when you get the error,
and do you have any information that would help us reproduce the problem?

-- Elliot