Gnome installation unstable

Apart from getting core dumps every so often when using Gnome, a
number of things aren't working. These include enlightenment-config,
which gives me:

 Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

 aborting...

and the backgrounds panel not appearing. I am using Redhat 6.0,
and have installed a number of updated RPMs. Maybe some
library version are incompatible with each other? Could someone
recommend to me what are the best library versions to be using
with Gnome-libs 1.0.10-2 and Enlightenment 0.15.5-36, ohat
library combinations give the most stability.

Thanks

Andre