Re: cvs checkout succeeding

On 20 July, 1999 - William F. Maton sent me these 0,8K bytes:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Stephen Rust wrote:
>
> > Since anoncvs.gnome.org is a dns round robin, pointing to various
> > different servers from around the world, each time you run a cvs checkout
> > you have the chance to get a different server.  Running it again for you,
> > probably just picked up a good server.  The servers failing like this have
> > been happening for at least 5 months, mentioned numerous times on these
> > lists.
>
> Not only that, but the number of servers and the locations have varied a
> great deal during this 5 month timeframe.  Is it because GNOME CVS is
> simply so popular that cvs server systems can't handle the load? :-)

I'm currently running one anoncvs server, farbror.acc.umu.se, (had two
until a week ago or so), and it can handle the load just fine (a P100
with 64MB ram and two striped scsi-disks for the cvs stuff).. (I just
noticed that it's kinda non-responsive right now.. will be fixed before
the end of the day... prolly the LVM stuff)

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå