Re: cvs checkout succeeding

Eric,

I haven't tried in the last couple weeks myself, but there was at least
one server @netscape.com which has the permissions set incorrectly on
various modules, giving the "failed to create lock" errors doing a cvs
checkout.

Since anoncvs.gnome.org is a dns round robin, pointing to various
different servers from around the world, each time you run a cvs checkout
you have the chance to get a different server.  Running it again for you,
probably just picked up a good server.  The servers failing like this have
been happening for at least 5 months, mentioned numerous times on these
lists.

If its been fixed that's terriffic, but I'd imagine its more that you just
picked up a good server the next time you ran it.

Steve