esd vs soundcard

Hi:)

  I'm fighting with esound 027 and yamaha opl3ax, becasue esound when I run
gnome it blocks the whole system.
  I've configured the sound card with sndconfig  (I run on my laptop
redhat6.0 and gnome1.0.7) and after I've found the right addresses it plays
the system sound very well.
  After I try to start esd, and it blocks my linuxbox ...
  I can see (thorugh cat /proc/ioports, cat ...etc) the I/O, IRQ, etc. that
I've just choosen are free, and the linuxbox during the starting of the
system does not give me any messages errors (it loads sound and midi modules)
  the isapnp.conf file and conf.module file seems to have the same config
and addresses ....
  ... I can hear the music cd ...
  ... but I'm not able to start esd, I must disabled enlightment sound system

  ... sometimes I can hear several clicks come out from the speakers (if I
enable the esd on gnome control center ) when start the systems' sounds ...
    ... but I'm not able to start or run correctly esd ... :(((

  there is someone can help me ?

 PS  I'm sorry about my encglish lenguage, but I know very well the italian
lenguage ;)
Michele Mariottini
R&M Studio - Bibbiena (AR) Italia
tel.  +39 0575 536340