Re: When I start a GNOME app I got this ... REPOST with precisions

Hi James,

the  /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines exists on my system and if I do ls I found:
themes/engines> pwd
/usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines
themes/engines> ls
libmetal.la      libnotif.la      libpixmap.la     libredmond95.la
libmetal.so      libnotif.so      libpixmap.so     libredmond95.so
themes/engines>

which contains the lib I was looking for the other directory you were speaking about (  /opt/gnome/lib/gtk/themes/engines.) does not exist.

I do have a /opt/gnome/lib with lots of stuff in in but no gtk directory in it !!

So I'll be happy to have an other suggestion ( anyway I know I have the lib I just don't know where GNOME is looking for it

Thanks in advance

Best regards

GH Portefait

James Henstridge wrote:

> >From what I hear, SuSE 6.1 is broken in this respect

[....deleted]

> . Now gtk+ expects to
> find the theme engines under /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines, but they are
> installed under /opt/gnome/lib/gtk/themes/engines.
>

> James.
>
> --
> Email: james@daa.com.au
> WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/

"Computer are like air conditionners,
they stop properly when you open windows"

http://www.geekcode.com