Re: When I start a GNOME app I got this ... REPOST with precisions

-> Hi James,
->
-> the  /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines exists on my system and if I do ls I found:
-> themes/engines> pwd
-> /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines
-> themes/engines> ls
-> libmetal.la      libnotif.la      libpixmap.la     libredmond95.la
-> libmetal.so      libnotif.so      libpixmap.so     libredmond95.so
-> themes/engines>
->
->
-> which contains the lib I was looking for the other directory you were speaking about (  /opt/gnome/lib/gtk/themes/engines.) does not exist.
->
-> I do have a /opt/gnome/lib with lots of stuff in in but no gtk directory in it !!

More then likely this is your problem..

You have gnome installed in /opt/gnome and gtk and friends installed in
/usr/

My guess is gnome stuff will look for themes in /opt/gnome and not find em.

->
-> So I'll be happy to have an other suggestion ( anyway I know I have the lib I just don't know where GNOME is looking for it
->
-> Thanks in advance
->
-> Best regards
->
-> GH Portefait
->
->
->
->
-> James Henstridge wrote:
->
-> > >From what I hear, SuSE 6.1 is broken in this respect
->
-> [....deleted]
->
-> > . Now gtk+ expects to
-> > find the theme engines under /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines, but they are
-> > installed under /opt/gnome/lib/gtk/themes/engines.
-> >
-> >
-> > James.
-> >
-> > --
-> > Email: james@daa.com.au
-> > WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/
->
-> --
-> __________________________________________
->
-> "Computer are like air conditionners,
-> they stop properly when you open windows"
->
->
-> http://www.geekcode.com
->