Problem with libgnomeui.so.32

Hi

I am new to this list, so please forgive me if the following
question has popped up before.  I finally downloaded the latest
Gnome (for SuSE 6.0) this afternoon, but I keep on getting the
following error message when I try to run gnomecc or some other
gnome-apps:

error loading shared library: libgnomeui.so.32: undefined symbol
gtk_item_factory_add_foreign.  Any ideas what this means and how to fix
it?

The installation instructions on
ftp.tas.gov.au.gnome/gnome-1.0/suse/gnome.html also suggested to remove
.ICEauthority if Gnome takes a while to start.  I did this but now I
cannot seem to load Gnome unless I am logged in as root.  Any help
appreciated.

Thanks,
AJ
AJ Smit