Re: cant install cvs gtk-engines

The error says that it could not find the AM_PATH_GTK macro, which is
contained in the gtk.m4 file.  If you are using RPMs, you will need the
development RPMs as well (glib-devel, gtk+-devel, imlib-devel, etc).  If
you have got the development portions of these packages installed, but
they are under a prefix different from where automake is, you will need to
set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS environment variable.  If gtk+ is installed under
the /opt/gnome prefix for instance, use:
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal" ./autogen.sh --whatever

Remember to install gtk-engines under the same prefix as gtk+, or the
theme engines will not be recognised.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au