control-center compilation error

Hey I'm almost done compiling gnome for my system.  Using an order which
my friend had (not the gnome order) I almost finished.  I just need to
install control-center and everything should work fine.  It configured
correctly, but when I try to make the control-center I get these errors:

/tmp/gnome/control-center-1.0.5/capplets/sound-properties/sound-properties.c:837:
undefined reference to `esd_sample_getid'
/tmp/gnome/control-center-1.0.5/capplets/sound-properties/sound-properties.c:839:
undefined reference to `esd_sample_free'

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get this to compile?  Thx.
							--PaddyM