Re: API Docs - so sad

> Well, after a spirited attempt last week to get people to sign up to
> write GNOME API docs I have had a whopping, grand total of 0 people
> sign up. That's right Zero (0), Nil (0), nada, nothing.

Well I didn't respond because I didn't feel qualified. I'm brand new to Linux and Gnome. However, I am a programmer (budding) and am looking forward to the day that I too can contribute to a cool project like Gnome.

I'm so new that I had to make sure that API was what I thought it was! Here's a definition that I found:

"Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
Abbreviation of application program interface, a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications. A good API makes it easier to develop a program by providing all the building blocks. A programmer puts the blocks together.

Most operating environments, such as MS-Windows, provide an API so that programmers can write applications consistent with the operating environment. Although APIs are designed for programmers, they are ultimately good for users because they guarantee that all programs using a common API will have similar interfaces. This makes it easier for users to learn new programs."

Let me know how I can help (if at all) and I will gladly take up that task :)

Point me to where I can begin learning what is required of me and I'll jump on it.

In short, if you can help me get started, I'll cheerfully assist as I am able.

--Rathmore