Re: Unable to directly launch GNOME capplets

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 05:23:26PM +0000, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On 29 Jun 1999 11:41:38 -0400, Ian Peters <itp@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> >Potentially unrelated, I am also experiencing the odd error upon X
> >startup, as reported by Jon Harris several times.  For me, everything
> >starts fine, but then in the text output from X I find:
> >
> >** WARNING **: Could not get name service!=20
> >
> >** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 606 (real_goad_server_activate): assertion f=
> >ailed: (name_service !=3D CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)=20
> >aborting...=20

All the Debian packages are 1.0.10, and I'm reasonably sure that I
checked and am still seeing this error.  If I'm mistaken, I'll mail
you by this evening to tell you.

Of more concern to me is the capplets problem, which I haven't heard
of anyone else seeing.

--
Ian Peters  | GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C    | "He that breaks a thing to find out
itp@gnu.org | E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC |  what it is has left the path of

PGP signature