Re: REDHAT 6.0 installing the latest RPMS

"Matt Craun" <fantamos@excite.com> writes:

|  I am about to download the latest stable release from ftp server from an NT
| workstation at work(I have a much faster connection here at work,then home).
| I have currently the gnome from the redhat cd. I want to use the gnorpm,
| will that work for the core, libs, file manager or will I have do a seperate
| process? Also I have noticed that the gnolinuxconf abruptly terminates when
| mounting a drive.

I don't know if gnorpm will work, but using the command line is much
easier.

rpm -Uvh gnome*

and the other rpms you might want to update.

And if you don't use enlightenment, you have to do a
rpm -Uvh --nodeps gnome-core* to make it ignore the enlightenment
dependency (gnome-core is not dependent on enlightenment, it is just
the rpm packages that are made this way)

And also the gnome-libs file is dependant on some audiofile or
something for some reason. If you don't have a sound card do the same
here.

--
Preben Randhol             oO     "Don't think about domination,  think
[randhol@pvv.org]        .`  ;     about freedom, it doesn't dominate."