Re: REDHAT 6.0 installing the latest RPMS

Quoting Matt Craun on Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 07:43:09AM -0700:
>  I am about to download the latest stable release from ftp server from an NT
> workstation at work(I have a much faster connection here at work,then home).
> I have currently the gnome from the redhat cd. I want to use the gnorpm,
> will that work for the core, libs, file manager or will I have do a seperate
> process? Also I have noticed that the gnolinuxconf abruptly terminates when
> mounting a drive.
>
> I had to hit him -- he was starting to make sense.

Hi Matt-

I downloaded the latest rpms and just now got some released within the past
few days into a directory and just used the commandline rpm to do it.
Worked fine here.

Just as a note about the latest gftp at ftp.inconnect.com.  I managed to
freeze things up completely when I tried to edit one of the bookmarks by
selecting bookmarks, expanding the folder view, and selecting one to edit.
I had to move to another console and kill -9 gftp.  YMMV.
--
Michael Perry -			"Nobody can give you wiser advice than
mperry@znet.com			yourself"	-Cicero