REDHAT 6.0 installing the latest RPMS

 I am about to download the latest stable release from ftp server from an NT
workstation at work(I have a much faster connection here at work,then home).
I have currently the gnome from the redhat cd. I want to use the gnorpm,
will that work for the core, libs, file manager or will I have do a seperate
process? Also I have noticed that the gnolinuxconf abruptly terminates when
mounting a drive.

I had to hit him -- he was starting to make sense.