Re: Big Fat Book on Gnome

On 28-Jun-99 Preben Randhol scribbled:
> "Chris Smith" <rathmore@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>| Hello folks!
>| I'm a sponge for knowledge and I love those big fat technical books that you
>| can get for just about anything these days. I'm curious, are there any Big
>| Fat books on Gnome? I got this little skinny thing with Redhat 6.0.
>
> Hi :-)
>
> What kind of knowledge? Programming (developer) or usage (user) ?  If
> the prior there is an upcoming book on New Rider. See last Gnome
> announcement letter.

if you mean "Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDK" it's already out.
it's sitting right next to me. it's a good book to learn from, it has lots of
good type-along examples. it is, of course, for experienced C programmers.
...i can't wait for a gtk-- book. classes and widget/signal based apps go well
together.