RE: Bookmark Daemon

Well, A common bookmark format would be nice, but has one limitation. With
bookmarkd, bookmarkd can transparently be updated to support things like
LDAP and group sharing of bookmarks. This is something that a normal file
format can not do. Also, I decided to use corba because it will allow
bookmarkd to get and set bookmarks from any program regardless of where it
is, or what programming language it is made in. It is fairly simple for a
program to be extended to use corba. I am going to be talking with the
Mnemonic people to see if they would be interested in using bookmarkd
instead. I am also going to write a patch to lynx to allow it to use
bookmarkd to store its bookmarks. Then you can share bookmarks between lynx
and Mnemonic. :)