Bookmark Daemon

I have created a daemon for storing bookmarks.
http://www.csoft.net/~bob/projects/bookmarkd. It has been discouraging that
all the bookmark using programs do not use the same format or share code.
You cant read netscape bookmarks in lynx. You cant read IE bookmarks in
netscape... That sort of thing. This daemon should allow you to allow your
program to easily get/set bookmarks.

Basically the story is: I was board over the week end, had a few hours of
good coding time, and I decided to try to better the world. :)

I think it would be cool to add a book mark menu to gmc so that you could
bookmark your favorite directories. The bookmark could be a simple
file:///home/bob/whatever/ url. The "file" protocol will need to be added
into the url handler to open gmc. If I get a few hours this week, I might
just code it myself. If not... Joe Bob, or whoever could code it. It should
only take a few lines of code to make it talk to bookmarkd. (That is, if
everyone thinks it would be a good idea.)

Hmm, maybe it could be taken a step above this. Any program now can set
bookmarks. In the bookmark menu, if the bookmark is an image file, it opens
it in ee. If it is a html file, it opens it in netscape. This would be the
perfect glue to tie the mime handler with the protocol handler.

How about a gnome bookmark menu widget. Then if a programmer wants a
bookmark menu in their program, they just add the widget. It will call the
gnome url function on any clicked bookmark to decide what to do with it. If
the bookmark is foreign to the program, it opens the corresponding program.
If the bookmark relates to the program, the bookmark is handed to the
program. This could be very cool. It would tie the operating system together
very nicely.

Tell me what you guys think of the above stated idea. I might just code it
if anyone thinks it might be usefull.