Re: strange session management stuff

The shell runs as a child process of the gnome-terminal.  When you change
the directory in the shell, there is no portable way that the
gnome-terminal process can detect this without the help of the shell
itself.

There are non portable ways to deduce the current working directory of a
process (for instance, under linux, see the /proc/num/cwd symlink).  That
is why I said it may be possible to do with libgtop.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/