Re: File Manager

>You know what would be kinda of cool thought i don't know if you could do
>it would be to make gmc themeable. You know so you could have a mac theme,
>and a windows explorer feel theme, and each theme could have its own
>icons, and feel. Could it be done, because that would be kinda cool?

Maybe we could create Gnome themes (a GTK theme plus an icon set?). I don't
know if you could extend GTK themes to store an "icon path" for each theme,
and replace the (hardcoded?) gmc icon path with the path from .gtkrc?
Also, is it possible to add theme information for custom widgets to .gtkrc?
I'm thinking about the titlebars of the various GTK window managers under
development - if all the developers could agree on a standard titlebar
widget, we could have separate colours, pixmaps and fonts for the titlebar
in Gnome themes. At the moment the titlebar would have to use the same
colours, pixmaps and fonts as any other widget, which would make it kind of
indistinct.
The other thing which would be great in GTK (but would require changing
GDK, I think) would be definable mouse bindings. By this I mean that you
would have six "virtual mouse buttons", and you would bind each of these to
a mouse action (left click, left double click, middle click, etc.) If you had
a wheel mouse, you could bind the scroll wheel to two of the virtual buttons,
reducing the amount of double clicking. The application would only need to
know which "virtual button" had been pressed. This would give you
configurability far beyond a choice of left- or right-handedness.

Just some thoughts...

Michael Rogers