Re: strange session management stuff

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 bbarnett@L8R.net wrote:

> Anyhow, the whole point is, I don't want session management.  I do want to run
> gnome-session, because it runs all the other gnome apps.  panel doesn't.  So
> what do you do.. heh ;)  Is there a "everything but gnome-session" command that
> you can run.. so that I can do everything I want with gnomecc and still not
> have session management?

Yes, if you don't want session management, don't run gnome-session. You
can start the apps you want manually in your ~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrc:

gnomecc &
panel &
gnome-help-browser &
exec wmaker

Or whatever you like to have started. gnome-session just has some apps in
its default session, you don't have to run it to use these apps, it just
happens to launch them the first time you run it.

Havoc