freeBSd -install problems

Hello Gnome gods -

I just recently installed freebsd and all of the gnome packages  and when I
try to start gnome I get the following error

unable to connect to server port 35091
this generally means that the program could not talk to the esound server
GImLib ERROR: /usr/X11R6/etc/imlib/imlib/im_palette.pal
gdk_imlib: Cannot find palette. a palette is required for this mode
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm new to both freebsd and gnome so be gentle and thank for the help in
advance

Regards -