Cannot allocate colormap....

Greetings,
	I'm new to GNOME/enlightment, so far really slick.  I have a number
of programs which give me:

Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background.
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "grey"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "Burlywood"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "DarkSlateGray"

I'm running what was distributed with RH6.0, in mostly default mode.  Is
there any way to get my programs back in color?

--Chris

	* WARNING: consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of
	  inexplicable rug burns on the forehead.