Re: E and GNOME not the right way?

Just on the note of E and GNOME not being compatible, I don't know if you
have noticed, but E is one of the most configurable window managers in
existance.  Just because its core has features that overlap with gnome's
does not mean they can't be turned off (I would not expect Raster and
Mandrake to start hard coding things now).

In fact, it will probably be entirely possible to create a theme(s) that
turn some features off by default to make it `gnome friendly'.  There is
nothing to stop people distributing binaries of E with one of these themes
set to the default (in RH6, they set the default theme to something a
little more conservative for instance).

It should not be a problem for people who want to use E and GNOME.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/