Re: New 0.99.3 RPMS available for RH Linux Intel/Sparc/Alpha 5.2

OK, I figured it out.  First of all, I had --rebuilt gtksamba myself, so
that's irrelevant.  I just uninstalled the package, and later rebuilt and
resinstalled it.

As for the libgtop and ORBit packages, it turns out the ones on ftp in the
0.99.3 directory are actually recompiled to use the new libraries, though
the package number hasn't changed.  I think they should have been
renumbered ORBit-0.3.91-3, libgtop-0.99.2-2, etc., as was apparently done
with the other packages.  Just an oversight, I guess.

After downloading these new packages, I did another rpm -Uvh *.rpm on the
new 0.99.3 stuff.  This time it worked, although it wouldn't install the
ORBit and libgtop packages, because the version number hadn't changed.
Methinks rpm should check that before it starts installing things, as it
does with the dependencies!  So, to finish I just ran rpm -Uvh --force
ORBit-*.rpm libgtop-*.rpm.  Voila!

Thanks, though, Dr. Mike, or whoever put together these rpms.  I
appreciate it.  Just remember to renumber the packages.

/-------- Quantum Seep, qseep@iname.com ---
  "His funny bone's connected to the M-bone"
   PGP fingerprint: 5B 3B 7B EC AA 5B 4B 7F  65 7D 2A CD 69 11 29 2A