Re: bug in imlib 1.9.2

In message <13998.7026.877171.780246@metropolis.nuclecu.unam.mx>, Miguel de Ica
za writes:
+-----
| > Workaround (1):  edit ltmain.sh line 551++ to not check the size of
| > conftest.err, then libtoolize --force all GNOME packages.
|
| I tried (1) but libtool 1.2d is not the same as whatever you are
| using.
+--->8

Ow.  I thought I'd updated, but something went wrong (indirect update via
our packaging mechanism, but the install step to generate the package went
badly awry).

Same fix, but it's the block starting around line 679 for libtool-1.2d.
This may vary in different installs; search for "On HP-UX, both CC".

    # On HP-UX, both CC and GCC only warn that PIC is supported... then they
    # create non-PIC objects.  So, if there were any warnings, we assume that
    # PIC is not supported.
    if test -s conftest.err; then
      echo "$ac_t"no 1>&6
      can_build_shared=no
      pic_flag=
    else
      echo "$ac_t"yes 1>&6
      pic_flag=" $pic_flag"
    fi

This should be something like:

    # On HP-UX, both CC and GCC only warn that PIC is supported... then they
    # create non-PIC objects.  So, if there were any warnings, we assume that
    # PIC is not supported.
    if test "`uname -s`" = "HP-UX" && test -s conftest.err; then
      echo "$ac_t"no 1>&6
      can_build_shared=no
      pic_flag=
    else