Re: esd eats 25% cpu?

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Tony Keating wrote:

> Anyone else have this problem?
> When I run "esd &" it eats around 25% of the cpu. I compiled into into an
> RPM from the esound-0.2.7.tar.gz file. Is the CVS version fixed?

I dunno about it eating 25% CPU or not..

but I notice that when using esddsp to run apps that don't have native
ESOund support, it's kinda slow, there's a delay when you hit play and
when it actually plays.

I've only used the esddsp thing with X11Amp so I dunno, but it seems to me
this would be a huge problem when playing videos that have audio with
xanim, will the sound be offsync? or will the video wait for the sound to
start?