Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

That is not the point raster was making.  The point is that imlib has its
own configuration file (~/.imrc), and gnome was overriding options from
the user's configuration file.  Maybe a better solution would have been
for gnome_init to check for the presence of ~/.imrc, and if it doesn't
exist create one with the settings Miguel thinks are best.  Also, the
capplet that was controlling the cache setting should have been changing
the setting in ~/.imrc rather than ~/.gnome/Gnome.  (If you have ever used
microsoft office, think about how annoying it is when the paperclip gets
turned on again everytime you install a new component -- ignoring the
user's settings).

Personally I think if you are setting up 1,000,000 computers with gnome on
it, you would need to alter some configuration files from the default
anyway.  Changing the system wide imrc file should not be much of a
problem.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au