Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

There's no reason why GNOME shouldn't be able to run on the 486 machines
of which Miguel spoke. I think expecting them to run the pixmap theme may
be pushing it though. And expecting them to run a beefed up E theme is
just nuts. But GNOME by itself, without all the chrome, should be able to
run on a 486 with 16-24 megs I think. I need to get a new power supply for
my 486, but when I do I'll be glad to test it. (66mhz with 16 megs).