Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

> then set your imlib preferences to have no pixmap cache. there's a good
> reason for user preferences - and it doesnt use 500k of pixmaps mostly
> - infact most of the time the pixmaps are rendered once only and thus
> you have your pixmaps anyway. those that re-render benefit from caching.

Imlib preferences also affect the settings in E.

This is a separate issue.

I want E to cache.  But I do not want every random GNOME application
to keep on their cache pixmaps unless there is any need for it
(gtk-themes).

In GNOME code we do not even make use of the cache, so there is no
point in forcing our applications to waste memory if a clean solution
is possible (I sent you a patch, and I am only waiting for you to
acknowledge it).

Miguel.