Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

> anbd to be honest. the numebr of 486's + 16 Mb of ram that will run
> gnome compared to those on PII-300's is minimal - especialy considering
> tat machines get faster - if you D have a 486+16mb ram then reduce the
> settings yourself. GNOem shoudl NOt go overriding a users imlib prefs.
> ever.

1,000,000 machines running Red Hat/GNOME (being deployed in Mexico as
we speak) are under Pentiums and not even half of them have 32 megs of
ram.

> GNOem shoudl NOt go overriding a users imlib prefs.
> ever.

GNOME should not be forced into "We have got a Cray to run this" mode
that E does on its users.  Again, see my post on how to fix this in gtk-engines.

Miguel.