gnome slow

Hi!

  I've found that  the gnome is slower than kde. It  is very interesting
for me,  becausewhen I  first met with  gtk, I found  that there  can be
written fast programs with it.
  Now I see that  the gnome panel needs a lot of  time to initialize the
applets and  the gnome control-center  needs a lot  of time to  load the
configuration panels (capplets), etc.

dLux
--
 "I did a 'zcat /vmlinuz > /dev/audio' and I think I've heard God..."
                                          (mikecd on #Linux)