Re: Unidentified subject!

Quoting Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com):
> Daniel Veillard writes:
> >  I think too that setting up rsync servers on the gnome server could
> >help a lot bypassing some of the current limitations.
>
> If rsync is used, it is absolutely critical to set it up NOT to
> calculate md5sums of all files by default; rather, it should check
> only sizes/timestamps/etc.  If it's set up to check everything, it
> will push the load average of the server through the roof quickly.

  In the meantime people interested in using rsync can use the
mirror on rsync://rpmfind.net/linux/redhat-labs/gnome/ to build new
mirrors.

   rsync -az --delete rufus.w3.org::linux/redhat-labs/gnome localmirrordir

  should do the trick. No more than twice a day per mirror, please ...
MIT bandwidth is generous, but the server is "only" a K6 :-)

Daniel

--
	    [Yes, I have moved back to France !]
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C  INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :