Re: Unidentified subject!

Daniel Veillard writes:
>  I think too that setting up rsync servers on the gnome server could
>help a lot bypassing some of the current limitations.

If rsync is used, it is absolutely critical to set it up NOT to
calculate md5sums of all files by default; rather, it should check
only sizes/timestamps/etc.  If it's set up to check everything, it
will push the load average of the server through the roof quickly.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/