mc-4.5.9 problems

Hi,

To get mc to compile, I had to change gnome/gicon.c line 240 from:
                        image = gdk_imlib_inlined_png_to_image (buf, size);
to:
                        image = _gdk_imlib_inlined_png_to_image (buf, size);

I'm not at all sure that this is the correct thing to do, but it
compiled.  I'm using imlib 1.9.1, with gtk+-1.1.13 on:

FreeBSD r.stat.auckland.ac.nz 2.2.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE #0: Wed Jul 22 08:48:29 GMT 1998     root@builder.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

Also, if I click on the root directory (/) in the directory tree, it
doesn't show up in the right pane, and the location box doesn't change.
If I manually set the location to / using the location box, the right
pane changes, but the directory tree ignores the next directory I
choose.

The desktop icons now show up on all desktops (under E, anyway), but
they appear above all other windows, which is a little annoying.

The only other thing is the wierd choice of colours/icons for the
brief and detailed views.

After all that negative stuff, I think that gmc looks like it's going
to be a really awesome file manager.  It's already better than
anything else I've seen on Unix.  The only feature I would like to see
is a "small icon" view, sort of like that in (hack, cough) Windows
Explorer.  Even without the icons, it is a really good way to fit lots
of files in a window.  (For those who haven't come in contact with
Windows Explorer, it looks pretty similar to the output of ls.)

Thanks,

Lyndon