Re: Signal emmision problems

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 12:54:56AM -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > I have a GnomePropertyBox with GnomeEntry widgets on some of the pages.
> > I have connected the "changed" signal on the GnomeEntry widgets to a
> > callback which calls gnome_property_box_changed.
> >
> > The problems that is occuring is this :
> > When the dialog containing the property box is closed (via OK or
> > Cancel), both of the GnomeEntry widgets are emitting "changed" signals,
> > although neither have changed.  The first one goes OK, but the second
> > one causes a segfault, because the notebook containing the pages has
> > been destroyed by this point.
>
> I have seen this happening today as well for me (in the gnome-entry.c)
> widget.  I provided a quick work around for those widgets, but I agree
> that this is a strange behaviour.

I just bind the "changed" with _while_alive variety of connect functions
and pass the dialog as the object that needs to be alive

though this is not a nice way to handle it

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: