Re: core dumps.. everywhere

On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 02:55:51PM -0600, Kevin Miller wrote:

> I've been compiling gnome from cvs for some time now, but just recently,
> over the past 2 or 3 weeks, I've gotten nowhere with it.  I get it to
> compile and install fine, but almost everything I try to start does:
>
> iiop_connection_init: used 0, now 188088
> Sockstuff: used 0, now 188088
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> anything from gnome-core, balsa, genius, and several other things do this.
> I've removed all glib, gtk+, imlib, ORBit, gnome-libs, everything headers
> and libs, and reinstalled from a fresh checkout, but still just get that.
>
> any clues?

In ORBit/src/IIOP/connection.c, try commenting out the definitions
of the macros AM() and PM(x) at the start of the source file:

/*
#define AM() mi1 = mallinfo();
#define PM(x) mi2 = mallinfo(); printf(x ": used %d, now %d\n", \
mi2.uordblks - mi1.uordblks, mi2.uordblks);
*/

#define AM()
#define PM(x)

That made things work again for me. I reported my problem to this list,
but got no reply, which might suggest it's a problem particular to
my system. If the above works for you, it seems we have something
in common. Maybe it's a glibc problem. I'm using glibc-2.0.6 myself.

Ronald