Re: libungif and others

Sean Christopher Rhea <srhea@ece.utexas.edu> writes:

> I'm trying to install GNOME, since I want to move an app I'm developing to
> it instead of just plain gtk, but I can't find the following packages on
> the ftp server (I use RedHat 5.2 Intel):
>
>    libungif
>    libPropList
>    gnome-admin
>    ggv
>
> libungif isn't mentioned in the 0.99 User's Guide, but imlib insists that
> it needs it.  I couldn't get onto the main ftp server, but I did try the

libungif is in any standard RedHat 5.2 distribution - you can get it from

	ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/redhat-5.2/RedHat/RPMS/

or any of its mirror sites.

gnome-admin and ggv is in

	ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/latest/

but the tarballs are a little bit older, AFAIK there isn't any tarball of
libPropList at the moment, so you should checkout libPropList, gnome-admin
and ggv from CVS.

Martin

> following mirrors:
>
>    ftp://ftp.geo.net/pub/gnome
>    ftp://gnomeftp.wgn.net/pub/gnome

Well, not yet tried them, but the following ones should be ok:

        ftp://sod.res.cmu.edu/pub/mirrors/ftp.gnome.org
        ftp://ftp.jimpick.com/pub/mirrors/gnome

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/