Re: Gnome panel menus

> Perhaps I'm completely stupid, but I don't really understand the need of a
> gazillon of separate files to describe the panel menus ...
>
> Are you doing that because of the Windows way of doing it ? Every window
> manager I've used for now was using a single file, and I didn't see any
> shortcomings in that approach.

The reason we do this is because it allows the menu to pick up any new
packages if you install them and drop them if you remove a package.

Now, what we could do is create the menus and keep the stat
information bound to it.  We can then only stat the directories to see
if anything has been added or removed, and if so, we would rescan.

Miguel