Where to go for install problems/questions ?

I've been using KDE for a while now and wanted to try out gnome. Problem is
I'm having a terrible time getting GNOME installed/setup. KDE is simple,
straightforward, and almost without problems to get started (though it has
other problems). Anyways I've been reading through the FAQ/Docs and am
looking for a gnome-install type list so I don't have to bother you all with
newbie questions/problems.

Brian Macy